Saturday, March 6, 2010

Time flies

Few months have elapsed since my last blog.. new year has passed, even Chinese new year has passed.. So many things happened, and yet few are making real sense to me, and even fewer gives meaning to my life.

One of the thing that give meaning to myself was something related to my own health.

Couple of week ago, I've tried a herbal remedy (in the form of eye drops) for short-sightedness, half heartedly believing that it can make me see the world clearly without ever need to use corrective glass.
After few week using it, I started to have bad headache. It does not resolve with paracetamol, and even with stronger painkiller, such as Ponstan (NSAID). I noticed that the headache went away immediately after waking up the next day, and as day progressed, my headache started again. Then I realised that this may be due to my improved eyesights. The I went to a nearby optometrist to check my eyesight and compared it with my glasses. True enough, my eyesight has improved tremendously. And you can guess what happened next.

This experience truely change the way I looked at complementary medicine like herbal remedies. Of course, most of the effects cannot be explained by pure science, but I think that's the beauty of God's creation, and of course, that just prove how great Allah is.

No comments:

Post a Comment